HLB is committed to creating and fostering diversity in our workplace and supporting a workforce inclusive of people with varied backgrounds. To create a diverse workforce, we seek to recruit personnel from a variety of backgrounds and in particular personnel from minority racial and ethnic backgrounds. We are committed to creating meaningful professional opportunities for all of our attorneys and staff, with a particular emphasis on the professional development of all individuals, including those from underrepresented groups. These efforts focus on:
- Enhancing professional growth and encouraging leadership;
- Facilitating discussion, with varied perspectives;
- Sharing ideas and solutions from a wide range of viewpoints;
- Creating an open forum for the exchange of ideas and peer support;
- Supporting efforts to recruit individuals who are diverse; and
- Hosting, and encouraging attendance at professional events that cultivate ties with our clients and provide business development opportunities.
HLB attorneys and government relations professionals have established a Diversity Initiative, comprised of partners, senior counsel, associates and government relations professionals. The Diversity Initiative fosters professional mentorship, promotes business opportunities and client generation, supplements our Recruiting Committee’s efforts to recruit women and minority attorneys and government relations professionals, bolsters retention and advancement within the firm for women and minorities and instills within the firm a culture of diversity and inclusion. To support a diverse and inclusive workforce, we strictly prohibit discrimination on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.