Please join Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC (HLB) for an interactive webinar designed to address the thorny issues that arise in negotiating contracts with vendors relating to health information technology (HIT). We will discuss how to identify and the circumstances in which pursuing litigation against such vendors may be necessary to ultimately further your institution’s HIT needs.
During this webinar, we will:
- Provide an overview of common issues that arise before and during the negotiation, amendment, and/or renewal of vendor HIT contracts.
- Identify common pitfalls, such as “boilerplate” provisions regarding remedies and damages, that put a vendor at a significant advantage in potential or actual litigation.
- Explain why it is essential to include clear “specifications” for any and all software or service components to be provided by the HIT vendor.
- Discuss ways to work with a HIT vendor that is not meeting expectations, including informal and formal mediation to resolve disputed issues.
- Provide strategies for pursuing litigation or alternative dispute resolution avenues against a noncompliant HIT vendor.
Health care providers, including hospitals, health systems, physician groups, IPAs, and other provider organizations – anyone who is required to use health information technology systems provided by third party vendors.
Who Should Attend
Health care executives, including: CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CIOs; IT Directors / IS Directors; In-house Counsel; Administrators
There is no fee to participate in this webinar. To Register, click here.
MCLE Credit Will Be Offered For This Event.
*MCLE certificates for attorneys will be provided at the end of the program.
For registration questions or MCLE certificate, please contact Sharon Lee
at email@example.com or 310.551.8152.