Hooper, Lundy & Bookman assisted with the review, analysis and crafting of portions of the bill. Our preliminary analysis of this complex legislation, which among other things, repeals the sustainable growth rate (SGR) payment formula, finds that there are a number of potential challenges and opportunities for providers lurking beneath the surface of this bill. In fact, the ultimate outcome of this legislation could prove costly for all providers impacted, unless they begin to take measures today to prepare.
In this 90-minute interactive webinar, HLB attorneys and Government Relations & Public Policy professionals will provide an overview of the key facets of the legislation for providers and medical professionals, including:
- Considerations in choosing between an evolving traditional payment system and a new system of Alternative Payment Models;
- The potential effects of the substantial discretion granted the HHS Secretary in implementing the many changes in physician payment; and
- What the movement toward reimbursement through episode group payment and away from exclusive reliance on the current set of payment codes, which have historically been heavily influenced by the AMA’s Relative Value Committee, portends.
- Extension of the post-acute therapy exception process and the elimination of recovery auditor reviews from the process;
- What the short and longer-term timelines portend for providers;
- Fraud and abuse and hospital/physician alignment implications;
- The real cost of the provider payment reductions to accomplish the SGR fix; and
- How changes in the physician reimbursement formula will ultimately impact hospitals, health systems, medical groups and long -term care organizations.
Managed Care Contracting
- Contracting challenges and potential pitfalls to accommodate the new medical professional payment systems; and
- How this legislation may ultimately influence the commercial market.
Providers and Professionals Impacted
- Hospitals & Health Systems
- Medical Groups
- Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Organizations
Who Should Attend
- Hospital & Health System CEOs, CFOs, General Counsel, Managed Care & Patient Financial Services Executives
- Medical Foundation Executives
- Medical Group Administrators & Executives
- Long-Term Care Organization CEOs, CFOs, Patient Financial Services Executives
- Martin Corry, Chair, Government Relations & Public Policy
- Keith Fontenot, Managing Director, Government Relations & Public Policy
- John Hellow, Partner and Co-chair, Regulatory Department
- Charles Oppenheim, Partner and Stark & Anti-Kickback Expert
- Mark Reagan, Managing Partner (San Francisco Office) and Post-Acute Operations and Payment Expert
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
- There is no fee to participate in this webinar.
- MCLE certificates for attorneys will be provided at the end of the program.
- For questions or additional information, please contact Sharon Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-551-8152.