Areas Of Concentration
Health Care Information Technology and Software
Hooper, Lundy & Bookman’s attorneys bring a deep understanding of health law to the increasingly complex technological issues of health care providers, as well as to the burgeoning health care software and information technology industry.
Health Care Information Technology
Our attorneys are on the cutting edge of expertise in the quickly evolving field of Health Care Information Technology (HIT). We provide HIT legal representation to healthcare providers of all types – from national hospital chains to individual physicians – helping them navigate the quickly evolving requirements for patient privacy including HIPAA, patient medical records, electronic prescriptions, information sharing between providers and the emerging issue of HIT as a measurable quality measurement for Medicare, Medicaid and private plan reimbursement. We also apply our extensive fraud and abuse expertise to hospital/physician collaborations.
Our broad range of HIT services include:
- Electronic medical record exchanges and joint ventures between hospitals and physician groups
- Implementation of open source systems
- Drafting, negotiation and review of software purchase and license agreements
- Data usage licensing agreements
- Privacy and security compliance program development and review
Health Care Software Licensing
We bring the firm’s broad understanding of health law to the operational issues of health care software companies and their healthcare customers, ranging from software and health care giants to seed-stage software ventures.
Our proximity to Silicon Valley provides us a wealth of experience with the different areas of health care software licensing. Our attorneys include veterans of health technology industry, who offer health care providers an insider’s knowledge of the health care software issues facing their operations. In addition, we advise investment financing firms regarding health care software sector investing.
We have represented health care software companies in numerous corporate and commercial transactions including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic partnerships
- Venture capital and public financings
- Technology outsourcing agreements and licensing partnerships
The firm’s health care information technology group has represented our health systems clients to negotiate a multitude of software and service agreements, and related ancillary agreements, with numerous vendors.
Vendors we have negotiated agreements with on behalf of clients include:
- Aldrete Score
- Bisk Education
- Elsevier, Inc.
- Owned Outcomes
- SA Ignite
- Streamlined Medical Solutions
- Troux Technologies
- November 23, 2020
- November 5, 2020
- October 28, 2019
- March 25, 2019Managed Healthcare Executive
- March 15, 2019
- March 11, 2019
- January 30, 2019
- October 26, 2018
- September 24, 2018
- Texas Telemedicine Update: Texas Dispute with Teladoc Leads to Revisions to Telemedicine Clinical and Reimbursement StandardsDecember 11, 2017
- December 6, 2017Digital Insurance
- November 20, 2017
- October 25, 2017
- August 16, 2017
- Prepare for Medi-Cal EHR Audits: OIG Finds $22 Million Overpayments to 95% of Audited Hospitals; DHCS Promises to Audit All Hospital EHR PaymentsSeptember 30, 2016
- July 18, 2016
- March 25, 2015
- January 8, 2015BNA's Health Law Reporter
- October 20, 2014
- December 27, 2013
- September 30, 2013