University of California, Irvine, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2015
- 2015, California
Brett Moodie is an associate in the firm’s business and regulatory departments, where he assists health care providers, including hospitals, physicians, and health services companies with a broad range of corporate, transactional, compliance, and reimbursement issues. He is a member of the Fraud & Abuse Practice Group, helping providers to meet their compliance obligations and respond to government and private payor audits and investigations.
Mr. Moodie received a B.A. with majors in Criminology and Psychology, magna cum laude, from University of California, Irvine. He received his J.D. from UCLA School of Law in 2015. While at UCLA, Mr. Moodie served as a President of the UCLA Health Law Society, and the Chief Production Editor of the UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs. He also served as a student extern at the Office of the General Counsel for Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and at the Right to Health Project – a medical-legal partnership operated by Bet Tzedek Legal Services, and was a summer law clerk in the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of California.
Prior to law school, Mr. Moodie worked as a Certified Fraud Examiner for the CMS Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC), specializing in Medicare fraud, waste and abuse audits related to Durable Medical Equipment suppliers.
- American Health Lawyers Association, Fraud and Abuse Practice Group
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association
- June 14, 2019
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Launches Webinar Series with Focused Discussions on Post-Acute Care PartnershipsMay 8, 2019PRNewswire
- Hooper Lundy & Bookman Recognized Among the Top Health Law Firms in the United States by Chambers USAApril 25, 2019
- January 11, 2018
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers Placing Increased Scrutiny On Pharmacy and Wholesaler Pedigree DocumentationJanuary 14, 2016
- Office for Civil Rights Announces Major HIPAA Compliance Settlement on the Eve of Phase 2 Audit Program LaunchJanuary 6, 2016
- Compliance Today, April 2018
ONC Announces 10-Year Plan for Health IT Infrastructure, HLB Health Care IT Blog, June 2014