University of Southern California, B.A., 1973, magna cum laude
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 1976
- Order of the Coif
- 1976, California
Craig J. Cannizzo has devoted his practice to advising hospitals, health systems, ancillary service providers and community health centers on a broad range of business and regulatory issues. He has been particularly active in complex business matters such as mergers and affiliations, as well as in all areas of governmental regulation and provider payment, including Medicare and Medi-Cal reimbursement, managed care contracting and payment, healthcare facility licensing, and fraud and abuse restrictions. During the past several years he has served as general or special reimbursement counsel to the Association of California Healthcare Districts, the California Ambulance Association, the California Hospital Association, and the California Medical Association.
Mr. Cannizzo has presented seminars on the above subjects, written articles for legal and industry publications, and participated in the drafting of legislation and administrative regulations. He has been repeatedly recognized in Super Lawyers Magazine as one of Northern California’s premier health care lawyers.
Mr. Cannizzo is licensed to practice law in the State of California and is admitted to the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Cannizzo received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Order of the Coif) in 1976 following an undergraduate education at the University of Southern California (B.A., magna cum laude, 1973).
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer for 2016
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Ranked in the 2020 Edition of US News/Best Lawyers in America Best Law FirmsNovember 2, 2019
- October 1, 2019
- August 5, 2019
- June 14, 2019
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Launches Webinar Series with Focused Discussions on Post-Acute Care PartnershipsMay 8, 2019PRNewswire
- Hooper Lundy & Bookman Recognized Among the Top Health Law Firms in the United States by Chambers USAApril 25, 2019
- April 1, 2015
- April 1, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court Determines that Providers Cannot Challenge Medicaid Rates under 42 U.S.C. Section 1396a(a)(30)(A)April 1, 2015
Health Law Perspectives
- June 20, 2019