University of California, Los Angeles, B.S., 1998, magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2002
- 2002, California
- 2003, Nevada
Devin M. Senelick concentrates his practice on complex business litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolution, with a focus on the health care industry on behalf of providers and expertise in the managed care field. A partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, Mr. Senelick applies a practical yet creative approach to his cases in order to get the best possible result for his clients in the particular matter at hand.
Mr. Senelick has a broad range of litigation experience, from pursing payors on behalf of major hospitals in multi-million dollar arbitrations, to litigating business contract and tort disputes on behalf of various health care entities, to defending foster families in personal injury litigation. He represents hospitals and hospital systems, provider groups, individual physicians, billing companies, ancillary providers, and other health care entities.
Mr. Senelick received his bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History from University of California, Los Angeles in 1998, graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. from University of California, Berkeley School of Law in 2002. Mr. Senelick was admitted to the California Bar in 2002 and the Nevada Bar in 2003.
- Successfully represented client hospital in a number of disputes with payors relating to unpaid or underpaid claims, resulting in collections of more than $10 million
- Represented hospital client in an arbitration involving a major payor which resulted in combined collections (via payment, settlement, or arbitrator’s order) of more than $6 million, including interest
- Successfully represented client hospital in a dispute with its billing company and collections agent. The case was resolved which resulted in payment to the hospital of all outstanding sums from the defendants.
- Martinez, et al. v. Aspira Foster & Family Services, et al., USDC Eastern District of California, Case Number: 1:06-cv-1827 (represented foster family agency is litigation following death of child in foster care; settled for nuisance value)
- Jaberi v. Gonzalez, et al., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. PC040451 (represented a foster family agency and foster parents (pro bono) after a child placed into foster died of SIDS shortly after the placement. After multiple discovery victories, plaintiff agreed to dismiss the case in exchange for a waiver of costs)
- Represented hospital with a client in a contract dispute arising from unpaid laboratory charges. The matter was settled, resulting in a payment of all outstanding sums to hospital, including interest
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Health Law Committee, Co-Chair (2013-2014)
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, Health Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Southern California Rising Stars for 2009, 2010 and 2014 by Super Lawyers Magazine
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- April 11, 2014