Revelle College, University of California, San Diego, B.A., 1994
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1997, with honors
- 1997, California
Mark A. Johnson is Managing Partner of the firm's San Diego office, and a member of the firm's Fraud & Abuse Practice Group. He has litigated a broad range of civil and regulatory cases for health care providers, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians and physician organizations, health care provider trade associations, management service organizations and other health care related entities and individuals. He has represented health care providers in dealings and disputes with health plans, insurance companies, and state and federal regulatory agencies. Mr. Johnson litigated Mount Diablo Medical Center v. Health Net, 101 Cal.App.4th 711 (2002), involving the enforcement of health plan arbitration agreements against a hospital.
Mr. Johnson has also represented numerous health care providers in defending unfair competition cases in California.
Mr. Johnson received his B.A. degree in Political Science from Revelle College at the University of California at San Diego in 1994. He received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law in 1997, graduating with honors, and was admitted to the California Bar in the same year. Mr. Johnson is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California.
Mount Diablo Medical Center v. Health Net of California, Inc., 101 Cal.App.4th 711
The Chamber of Commerce of the U.S. v. Bill Lockyer
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, member of Long Term Care Task Force
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Association of Health Facilities
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
Honors & Awards
- In 2007, Mr. Johnson was awarded a Distinguished Service Award from the California Association of Health Facilities in recognition of his excellent service and outstanding dedication to the long-term care profession in California.
- August 16, 2017
- February 11, 2016
- D.C. District Court Rules That U.S. House Of Representatives Has Standing To Pursue Claims Regarding Cost-Sharing ReductionsNovember 25, 2015
- October 15, 2015Health Law Perspectives
- July 7, 2015
- June 25, 2015