Yale University, B.A., 1972, cum laude
University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 1975
- 1975, California
Robert W. Lundy, together with Patric Hooper and Lloyd Bookman, formed the national health care law firm of Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C. in 1987. As the firm’s managing partner, Mr. Lundy has guided Hooper, Lundy & Bookman to its current position as the largest law firm in the country dedicated solely to the representation of health care providers and suppliers.
Mr. Lundy represents the health care industry in business transactions, including joint ventures, private placements, structuring of physician organizations, financings, acquisitions, mergers, integrated delivery systems, accountable care organizations and licensing and certification matters. He has overseen many of the major health care transactions in California and other states, including the formation of the largest health care system in the State of Hawaii, the sale of more than twenty acute care hospitals in California, formation of a countywide orthopedic joint venture, establishment of the largest physician practice management organization in California, and the sale of the largest home health agency in the Western United States.
Mr. Lundy has served as the Editor of Matthew Bender’s five volume publication entitled Treatise on Health Care Law, a leading national treatise on health care legal issues. He has also authored numerous chapters and articles on health care legal issues for other publications.
Mr. Lundy graduated from Yale University, cum laude in 1972. In 1975, he received his J.D. degree from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, where he was the recipient of the Distinguished Advocate Award.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Heart Association, Chairman of the Board, 2016-2018
- California Society for Health Care Attorneys, Past President
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Former Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Healthcare Law Section
- Partners-In-Care Foundation, Board Member, Former Chairman
- Mr. Lundy has lectured on health care law before a number of organizations, including the Washington State Hospital Association, the California Society of Health Care Attorneys, the Los Angeles County Medical Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the National Health Lawyers Association, the American Hospital Association, the Orange County Medical Association, the United Hospital Association, the Health Care Financial Management Association, and the Hospital Council of San Diego and Imperial Counties. He has also served as guest faculty at the U.C.L.A. School of Public Health and the University of Southern California.
Honors & Awards
- Named a Southern California Super Lawyer by L.A. Magazine (2004-2017)
- Recognized by Chambers USA in top tier (Band 1) of Leading Health Care Lawyers in California (2005-2015)
- Recognized nationally by Chambers USA as one of only two eminent practitioners for health care transactions and the only eminent practitioner in California (2016-2017)
- Named “Best of the Best” by Legal Media Group
- Regularly listed in Best Lawyers (2008-2017)
- Recipient of the prestigious Mathies Award for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership By Partners in Care Foundation, 2010
- Nationally recognized as “Outstanding Healthcare Transaction Lawyer” by Nightingale’s Healthcare News
- November 2017New England In-House
- August 16, 2017
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Represents NantWorks in its Majority Aquisition of Verity Health's Management CompanyJuly 5, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- October 18, 2016
- May 28, 2016
- May 27, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- November 3, 2015
- September 28, 2015
- August 12, 2015
- June 15, 2015
- May 20, 2015
- August 26, 2014
- June 30, 2014
- May 23, 2014
“NonProfit Hospital Conversion: The New Role of the Attorney General,” California Health Law Monitor, February 1997
Editor, California Health Law Monitor, 1995-2001