The George Washington University, B.A. in International Affairs, 2008
The University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. with distinction, 2012
- 2012, Kentucky
- 2017, California
Mr. Miller has advised a wide variety of health care companies and providers on business, general corporate and regulatory matters, including hospitals, health care technology companies, physician groups, individual physicians, health care consultants, management organizations and investors in health care businesses. He has extensive experience advising clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, including the purchase, sale or leasing of health care facilities, such as hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, ambulatory surgery centers and pharmacies.
Mr. Miller is also experienced in the formation of business entities, raising capital through private offerings and syndications, and other general corporate matters. He routinely advises clients on contractual matters, such as the development of software licensing agreements, distribution agreements, non-disclosure agreements, professional service agreements, and consulting agreements.
Mr. Miller received his B.A. in International Affairs from The George Washington University in 2008. He received his J.D. with distinction from The University of Iowa College of Law in 2012 and was admitted to the Kentucky Bar that same year. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Miller was a corporate attorney with the Louisville office of Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented independent physician practice group including dozens of providers in its sale to a nationally recognized medical services company.
- Represented multi-office regional optometry practice in its sale to a private-equity backed strategic buyer.
- Represented lab equipment and medical device distributor in its sale to a Fortune 50 pharmaceutical and medical supplies distribution company.
- Represented independent hospital in the sale of its long-term care unit to a private equity-backed senior living provider.
- Represented independent hospital in its sale to a publicly traded hospital company.
- Represented regional healthcare system in its acquisition of an independent hospital.
- Represented multinational manufacturing company in its sale to a European-based strategic buyer.
- Represented regional healthcare system in its acquisition of 11 physician practices within approximately the past two years.
- Represented global electronics company in its acquisition of a video surveillance software provider.
- Represented pharmaceutical development and manufacturing company in its sale to an Indian-based global business conglomerate.
- Represented biopharmaceutical manufacturing company in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented global consumer products company in its development of a joint venture with an Israeli-based, multinational aesthetic device company.
- Represented community-based health plan in its sale to a managed health care company.
- Represented consortium of grocery stores and markets in renegotiating a $300M revolving line of credit.
- Represented consortium of insurance entities in renegotiating a $12M term loan and $2M revolving line of credit.
- Represented private-equity backed hospital company in the renegotiation of a $55M revolving line of credit.
- Represented regional healthcare system in the issuance of $68M in Series A bonds and $25M in Series B bonds.
- Represented food safety technology company in a $17M growth-stage equity offering.
- Represented consumer products company in multiple rounds of early- and growth-stage equity offerings.
- Represented real estate investment company in a series of early-stage equity offerings.
- American Health Lawyers Association, Business Law and Governance Practice Group, Health Information and Technology Practice Group
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Healthcare Law Section
Honors & Awards
- Named a Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2016 and 2017)
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Los Angeles, CA, April 9, 2019