University of Hawai'i at Hilo, B.A.
Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- 2003, California
Ruby W. Wood is a Senior Counsel in the firm’s San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on a variety of issues for healthcare institutions, including matters related to medical staffs (general advice, peer review proceedings, writ proceedings, medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations); consent and medical record issues; subpoena responses; HIPAA issues; protections afforded to medical staffs under state and federal law (with an emphasis on California Evidence Code § 1157 protection) and related healthcare litigation.
Prior to joining Hooper Lundy & Bookman, Ms. Wood represented clients in a variety of business litigation matters, including healthcare, intellectual property, financial services, employment and real estate issues.
Ms. Wood received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo. She received her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law.
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association, Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Oakland and Los Angeles, May 2, 2017 - Oakland, May 10, 2017 - Los Angeles
- Assessing Fitness for Continued Safe Practice for Late Career Practitioners - Legal and Practical Guidance; American Health Lawyers Association (co-presenter) (December 2016)
- Two Sides of the 1157 Coin, CAMSS Annual Conference, Anaheim (co-presenter) (May 2016)
- Reporting Requirements, Responding to Subpoenas, and Sharing Peer Review Information, CAMSS Annual Educational Forum (May 2015)
- Highlights of the 2015 NPDB Guidebook, AHLA Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group Open Membership Meeting (co-presenter) (May 2015)
- December 14, 2016
Member Briefing: Highlights of the 2015 Databank Guidebook: Navigating the New NPDB (co-author) (June 4, 2015)