- Academic Medicine
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- False Claims Act
- Litigation, Mediation, Arbitration
- Managed Care
- Medical Education
- Medicare, Medicaid, Other Governmental Reimbursement & Payment
- Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Services & Supports
- Provider & Supplier Operations
- Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Appeals
San Diego State University, B.A., 2008, cum laude
Loyola Law School, J.D., 2011, cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- 2011, California
Stanton J. Stock is a Litigation partner in the San Diego Office of Hooper, Lundy & Bookman. Mr. Stock represents clients in a wide variety of matters, including complex civil proceedings, class actions, arbitrations, mediations, administrative law proceedings, internal and external investigations, and privacy and security breaches. A significant portion of his practice focuses on long-term care and managed care litigation. He is also a member of the firm's Fraud & Abuse Practice Group.
Mr. Stock joined Hooper, Lundy & Bookman after serving as a law clerk to the Hon. Manuel L. Real in the United States District Court, Central District of California, from 2012-2013. Prior to his clerkship, he practiced civil litigation at a reputable law firm in Los Angeles. Mr. Stock received his J.D. degree from Loyola Law School in 2011, graduating cum laude and Order of the Coif. He received his bachelor’s degree from San Diego State University in 2008, graduating cum laude.
Before attending law school, Mr. Stock worked as a San Diego County Paramedic in a variety of healthcare settings, including a hospital, a private ambulance company, and an international pharmaceutical research corporation. He still volunteers his time to assist local paramedic organizations, such as the San Diego County Paramedic Association, which he helped obtain its 501(c)(3) nonprofit status. He also researched complex questions of law affecting Trek Medics International, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving emergency medical systems in communities without reliable access to emergency care. These organizations are committed to improving their respective communities, and Mr. Stock takes pride in assisting them in their endeavors.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers® Southern California Rising Star (2020)
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Reducing Your Legal Exposure in 2015, San Diego Health Care Association (co-presenter) (January 2015)
- April 6, 2020
- March 5, 2020
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Ranked in the 2020 Edition of US News/Best Lawyers in America Best Law FirmsNovember 2, 2019
- October 1, 2019
- August 5, 2019
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Launches Webinar Series with Focused Discussions on Post-Acute Care PartnershipsMay 8, 2019PRNewswire
- Hooper Lundy & Bookman Recognized Among the Top Health Law Firms in the United States by Chambers USAApril 25, 2019
- January 11, 2019
- June 15, 2016Health Law Perspectives
- May 27, 2016
- December 17, 2014
Health Law Perspectives
- Mark A. Johnson and Stanton J. Stock, CMS Targets Prior Business Affiliations with New Bad Actor Provisions, 23 California Health Law News 3 (Summer/Fall 2015).
- Stanton J. Stock, You’ve Been Hacked – Disclosing Protected Health Information to Law Enforcement in a Criminal Investigation, Health Law Perspectives (January 2015).
- Stanton J. Stock, Malware Attack Exposes Security Flaws, Leads to $150,000 HIPAA Breach Settlement, Health Law Perspectives (January 2015).
- Stanton J. Stock, Changing Default Security Settings: A Simple Step Towards Protecting Patient Privacy, HLB Health Care IT Blog (November 2014).
- Stanton J. Stock, QA Committee Records: Best Practices for Preserving Confidentiality, Health Law Perspectives (October 2014).
- Stanton J. Stock, Developments in the Treatment of Pneumococcal Infections, 12 J. BIOLAW & BUS. 49 (2009).