California State University, Fullerton, B.A. with high honors, Political Science, Minor in Economics, 1985
Loyola Law School, J.D. 1988; LL.M 2003
- 1988, California
- 2006, Hawaii
Terri Wagner Cammarano is a Business Partner in Hooper, Lundy & Bookman's Los Angeles Office. She is Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB).
With nearly 30 years of experience in health law, including eight years leading teams in complex nonprofit health systems, Ms. Cammarano brings to her practice a synthesis of health law expertise and an inside understanding of the challenges and needs of health care providers in today's swiftly changing health care environment.
Ms. Cammarano’s practice focuses on representing health systems, hospitals, and other health care providers in all types of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, joint operating agreements, affiliations, financings, and advising and representing providers on tax matters. She also handles Attorney General proceedings, approvals, reports and investigations, and provides counsel on governance and executive compensation issues, and strategic planning.
Ms. Cammarano has a particularly deep expertise in the laws that affect nonprofit, tax-exempt health care providers. She has an LL.M. in tax law, has been an adjunct professor in Loyola Law School’s tax program, and presents nationally on nonprofit health care issues. She is also currently a vice-chair of the American Health Lawyers Association Hospital and Health Systems Fair Market Value Affinity Group.
Prior to joining Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, Ms. Cammarano was chief legal counsel for Memorial Health Services. As a member of Memorial's executive leadership team, Ms. Cammarano played a key role in a number of significant transactions, including:
- the development and implementation of the Vivity health system/health plan joint venture
- negotiation of several strategic relationships and divestitures
- managing class action and other lawsuits
- working with the California Hospital Association to introduce legislation to address a recent wage and hour appellate decision injurious to the California health care industry
Prior to her position with Memorial, Ms. Cammarano was the General Counsel for Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, where she played a key role in Hoag’s establishment of a joint ventured specialty hospital and its affiliation with St. Joseph Health System.
Ms. Cammarano earned her B.A. in Political Science, minor in Economics with high honors from California State University, Fullerton. She earned her J.D. and LL.M. degree in Taxation from Loyola Law School.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
- California Society of Health Care Attorneys
- L. A. County Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (Vice-Chair, Fair Market Value Affinity Group (2017-2018), Member, Business & Governance Practice Group and Taxation Group).
- Advisory Board member, the Roar Foundation (1990 - present)
- Board of Directors, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (1990 - 1995)
Honors & Awards
- AV-Rated Preeminent annually by Martindale-Hubbell since 2004
- Top Attorneys of Southern California (2015)
- One of 50 "Women of Distinction," California State University, Fullerton (2008)
- President’s Volunteer Service Award, President Bush’s Council on Service and Civic Participation (2007)
- L. A. County Bar Association, Tax Section, Lynne Whitte Award (2004)
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Arlington, VA, October 25-26, 2018
- Los Angeles, CA, November 30, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, November 3, 2017
- January 11, 2018
- December 21, 2017
- Approaching Compliance Date for New IRS Safe Harbors for Private Use of Facilities Financed with Tax-Exempt DebtAugust 11, 2017
- August 1, 2017