University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2006
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D., 2013
- 2013, California
Yanyan Zhou is an associate in the firm’s regulatory department, where she assists health care providers, including hospitals, physicians, and health services companies with a broad range of reimbursement, licensing and certification, and compliance issues.
Ms. Zhou received a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies with a concentration in health care economics from U.C. Berkeley. She received her J.D. from University of Southern California, Gould School of Law in 2013, where she graduated in the top 10% of her class. While at USC, Ms. Zhou served on the board of Phi Delta Phi, a legal fraternity. Prior to law school, Ms. Zhou worked in the pharmaceutical industry.
Ms. Zhou is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghainese.
- Assisting health care providers, including acute care hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies and medical equipment companies with regulatory compliance, licensure and certification, payment and operational issues.
- Assisting health care clients in addressing complex regulatory issues that arise in the context of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and related transactions.
- Advising health care providers on various reimbursement issues under the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Advising health care practitioners on scope of practice issues
- Representing health care providers in the merger and acquisition of health care businesses, including the purchase, sale of health care facilities
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
IRS Releases Proposed Regulations Relating to Financial Assistance Policies and Billing and Collection Activities of Tax-Exempt Hospitals, Summer 2012