Following is a sample of recent transactions completed by HLB attorneys.
- The sale of over 20 hospitals in the past five years.
- The acquisition by a hospital of a free-standing imaging center.
- The acquisition by a group of physicians of several health care facilities owned by a local health care district which was in bankruptcy.
- The establishment by a hospital and a joint venture of a new orthopedic hospital and a general acute care hospital, each with separate licenses, within the same physical structure.
- The acquisition by a national health care company of a multi-facility imaging center business located in New Mexico, Arizona and Utah.
- The acquisition by a Nevada-based hospital of a cardiology group’s assets including its outpatient imaging business.
- The acquisition by private investment group of, dental practice management companies across the country.
- The affiliation and establishment of a large, multi-facility non-profit hospital system located in Arizona.
- Represented a 61-shareholder multi specialty medical group sell substantially all of its assets to a hospital medical foundation and become employed by the medical foundation's contracted medical group.
- Represented a hospital system in the acquisition of a health plan.
- Restructured debt and equity in an ambulatory surgery center majority-owned by a hospital.
- Established multiple physician-owned medical device distributorships throughout the country.
- Restructured an intraoperative monitoring services business to comply with recent changes in Stark law.
- Structured multiple cyberknife “under arrangements” transactions between a hospital and a medical group.
- Provided regulatory and transaction advice to a start-up medical device and biotech company, including preparing a private place memorandum to potential investors.
- Advised a medical group on an affiliation with a hospital to establish a state-of-the-art cancer treatment center.
- Represented a large hospital system in several information technology licensing transactions involving wireless technology, web-based services and electronic health record software.
- Represented medical group regarding licensing electronic health record software.
- Restructured a large optician company to solve corporate practice of medicine and licensing restrictions.
- Established a cyberknife joint venture between a medical group and a hospital.
- Established a group purchasing organization for the licensing of electronic health record systems by physician organizations and negotiated the licensing agreements with eight vendor participants in the program.
- Negotiated operating agreement for state-of-the-art on campus health center and health information technology showcase.
- Negotiated teledermatology service agreement between major academic medical center and major employer health benefit plan.
- The sale of a large, multi-specialty medical group and establishment of a medical foundation.