The key provisions of the No Surprises Act and its implementing regulations will be effective beginning January 1, 2022, creating significant compliance obligations for a wide range of health care providers. Although the surprise billing provisions of the law focus on billing for out-of-network facility and professional emergency services and out-of-network professional services furnished at in-network facilities, it also imposes a “good faith estimate” requirement that imposes significant new price transparency obligations that apply more generally to health care facilities (including hospitals, CAHs, ASCs, FQHCs, and RHCs) and professionals.
This webinar will give hospitals, physician groups, ASCs, and other providers practical tips on:
- Compliance with the good faith estimate requirement
- Balance billing prohibitions and obtaining notice and consent for certain out-of-network services
- Preparing claims for dispute resolution
- Reconciling Federal and State law requirement
- Enforcement measures, including civil monetary penalties
CLE Credit hour(s): 1.00 CA CLE credit (Participatory)
Click here to view the on-demand webinar.