Past Events Archive
- Boston, MA, January 18, 2018
- Vail, CO, January 3-7, 2018
- Westborough, MA, December 8, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, November 30, 2017
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) /National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) WebinarWebinar, November 29, 2017
- Palm Springs, CA, November 14, 2017
- Norwood, MA, November 9, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, November 3, 2017
- Las Vegas, NV, November 2-3, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- Washington, D.C., October 29 - November 1, 2017
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C. and FTI Consulting, Inc. Present: 2017 Health Care Fraud & Abuse Update SeminarBoston, MA, October 12, 2017
- Palm Springs, CA, October 9, 2017
- Sacramento, CA, October 6, 2017
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, P.C. and FTI Consulting, Inc. Present: 2017 Health Care Fraud & Abuse Update SeminarLos Angeles, CA, October 5, 2017
- Glendale, CA, September 11, 2017
- Boston, MA, September 8, 2017
- Carson, CA, September 7, 2017
- The Potential Impact of Health Reform, Changing Provider Contracts and Regulation on Managed Care ProvidersBerkeley: August 22, 2017 Los Angeles: August 24, 2017
- California Hospital Association, Managing Patients With Behavioral Health Needs in Acute and ED Settings SeminarPasadena, CA, July 25, 2017
- California Hospital Association, Managing Patients With Behavioral Health Needs in Acute and ED Settings SeminarSacramento, CA, July 11, 2017
- San Francisco, CA, June 28, 2017
- Orange County, CA, June 16, 2017
- Sacramento, Glendale, Costa Mesa, CA, June 7, 20, 21, 2017
- Long Beach, CA, June 1, 2017
- Webinar, May 31, 2017, 1:00 pm - 2:30pm
- Los Angeles, CA, May 18, 2017
- Boston, MA, May 9, 2017
- Rancho Mirage, CA, May 5, 2017
- Huntington Beach, CA, April 21-23, 2017
- Sacramento, CA, April 13-14, 2017
- San Diego, CA, April 5, 2017
- Baltimore, MD, March 29-31, 2017
- Orange County, CA, March 29-31, 2017
- National Harbor, MD, March 26-29, 2017
- San Diego, CA, March 26-28, 2017
- Webinar, March 22, 2017
- Universal City, CA, March 16, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, March 15, 2017
- Sacramento, Costa Mesa, February 15, 2017 and March 1, 2017
- Washington, DC, February 3, 2017
- Orlando, FL, February 1-3, 2017
- Orlando, FL, February 1-3, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, January 26, 2017
- Los Angeles, CA, January 17, 2017
- San Francisco, CA, October 27-28, 2016
- Los Angeles, CA, October 6, 2016
- September 28, 2016
- Los Angeles, CA, September 20, 2016
- Concord, CA, September 16, 2016
- New York, NY, September 15, 2016
- Association of Internal Healthcare Auditors Annual Conference: The 60 Day Rule: Reporting and Returning OverpaymentWebinar / Atlanta, GA, September 12, 2016
- Ethical Responsibilities of a New Lawyer in the Practice of LawPanelistSan Francisco, November 5-8, 2016
- HLB Webinar: The 60-Day Report and Return Final Rule for Medicare Parts A & B: What You Need to Know Before the March 14, 2016 Implementation DateWebinar, February 18, 2016
- Davie, Florida, September 11, 2015
- May 7, 2015
Click here to access HLB's May 7, 2015 interactive webinar designed to address pre-emptive measures providers and business associates should consider in view of the increasing challenges they face preparing for and responding to privacy breaches.
- Webinar, May 7, 2015, 10:00am - 11:30am Pacific Time / 1:00pm - 2:30pm Eastern Time
Please join Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC (HLB) for an interactive webinar designed to address pre-emptive measures providers and business associates should consider in view of the increasing challenges they face preparing for and responding to privacy breaches.
To Register, please click here.
- April 23, 2015
Click here to access HLB's April 23, 2015 interactive webinar where HLB attorneys and Government Relations & Public Policy professionals provide an overview of the key facets of the legislation for providers and medical professionals.
- Exclusively for Health Care ProvidersApril 28, 2015 (Oakland) / April 30, 2015 (Los Angeles)8:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Webinar, April 23, 2015, 10:00am - 11:30am Pacific Time / 1:00pm - 2:30pm Eastern Time
As the excitement and relief some providers experienced with the passage on Tuesday, April 14 of the of Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act wanes, the next key step is understanding the short and long term implications for providers.
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
- Robert Roth, HLB Washington, D.C. Managing Partner, Chairs AHLA Institute on Medicare and Medicaid Payment IssuesBaltimore, MD, March 25-27, 2015
- Long Beach Feb. 3; Sacramento Feb. 10, February 2015
- December 17, 201410 -11 am Pacific Time; 1-2 pm Eastern Time
- Del Mar, December 2, 2014
- Washington, D.C., December 8 & 9, 2014
- Vail, CO, January 7-11, 2015
- Outlook for Health Care Policy in the Lame Duck Session and Beyond: Implications for Legislation and Regulatory ActionWebinar, November 21, 2014, 10 am -11:30 am Pacific Time; 1 pm-2:30 pm Eastern Time
- Culver City, CA, November 20, 2014
- Webinar, November 18, 2014, 10-11:30 am Pacific Time; 1-2:30 pm Eastern Time
Please join Hooper, Lundy & Bookman, PC (HLB) for an interactive webinar designed to address the thorny issues that arise in negotiating contracts with vendors relating to health information technology (HIT). We will discuss how to identify and the circumstances in which pursuing litigation against such vendors may be necessary to ultimately further your institution’s HIT needs.
During this webinar, we will:
Provide an overview of common issues that arise before and during the negotiation, amendment, and/or renewal of vendor HIT contracts.Identify common pitfalls, such as “boilerplate” provisions regarding remedies and damages, that put a vendor at a significant advantage in potential or actual litigation.Explain why it is essential to include clear “specifications” for any and all software or service components to be provided by the HIT vendor.Discuss ways to work with a HIT vendor that is not meeting expectations, including informal and formal mediation to resolve disputed issues.Provide strategies for pursuing litigation or alternative dispute resolution avenues against a noncompliant HIT vendor.
Health care providers, including hospitals, health systems, physician groups, IPAs, and other provider organizations – anyone who is required to use health information technology systems provided by third party vendors.
Who Should Attend
Health care executives, including: CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CIOs; IT Directors / IS Directors; In-house Counsel; Administrators
There is no fee to participate in this webinar. To Register, click here.
MCLE Credit Will Be Offered For This Event.
*MCLE certificates for attorneys will be provided at the end of the program.
For registration questions or MCLE certificate, please contact Sharon Lee
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.551.8152.
- HLB Webinar Recording Now Available: Technology Contracts: From Negotiation to Litigation with Your HIT Vendor (November 18, 2014)November 18, 2014
Click here to access HLB's November 18, 2014 interactive webinar addressing issues that arise in negotiating contracts with vendors relating to health information technology (HIT).
- Los Angeles, California, November 6-7, 2014
- Robert Roth PresentsNovember 5, 2014
- Vail, CO, January 7-11, 2015
- Palm Springs, CA, November 10-12, 2014
- Washington, D.C., December 8, 9 2014
- San Francisco, California, October 23-24, 2014
- Washington, D.C., October 16, 2014
- September 10, 2014
Click here to access HLB's September 10, 2014 interactive webinar addressing the implications and challenges for eligible professionals and eligible hospitals receiving electronic health record incentive payments or facing payment adjustments relating to meaningful use.
- Washington, D.C., August 20-21, 2014
Patric Hooper presents Medicare Coverage for Molecular Diagnostic Testing.
- July 24, 2014
Lillie Werner presents Is Your Organization at Risk? Trends that Health Care Executives Should Know
- New York, NY, June 29, 2014 - July 2, 2014
Mark Reagan co-presents What’s New in Long-Term Care?
Keith Fontenot co-presents Why SGR Legislation Matters: A Look Ahead at Likely Legislative Changes in 2014
- HLB Webinar Recording Now Available: Managing the New HIE Environment: Privacy and Security Considerations for Providers (June 26, 2014)June 26, 2014
Click here to access HLB's June 26, 2014 interactive webinar addressing the implications and challenges for health care providers when participating in health information exchanges (HIEs).
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman is proud to sponsor Pursuing Excellence Through Diversity & Inclusion, presented by the California Association of Healthcare LeadersSens Restaurant, San Francisco, June 19, 2014, 6-9 pm
- June 19, 2014
Amanda Hayes-Kibreab present Managed Care and the New Health Care Marketplace: Update for Providers
- May 9, 2014
Steve Liption and Nina Adatia Marsden present Legislative Update
- May 7, 2014
Lillie Werner presents Cybersecurity and Health Law Data.
- April 11, 2014
Jennifer Hansen presents Credentialing and Peer Review for Accountable Care Oganizations; Devin Senelick presents on a panel titled “Wait, Don’t Sign That!” ; Katrina Pagonis presents on a panel titled ACA and the Transformation of the California Health Care Marketplace
- April 3, 2014
Katria Pagonis and Jennifer Hansen Present The Affordable Care Act – How it Affects the Small Firm Lawyer.
- March 26, 2014
Robert Roth chaired this conference and presented Medicare and Medicaid Overpayments and Refunds
- March 20, 2014
Katrina Pagonis present Managed Care Contracting.
- March 17, 2014
Mark Reagan and Mark Johnson presented Informed Consent Issues, Especially for Nurses; Mark Johnson presented 2014 New Laws and Regulatory Updates
- March 14, 2014
Mark Reagan presents The Growth of Medicare Managed Care – Toolkit and Strategies for Success.
- February 26, 2014
Katrina Pagonis present Health Care Compliance Hot Topics.
- February 24, 2014
Patric Hooper presents Is Your Business Model Putting You at Risk? An update on laboratory fraud & abuse challenges.
- February 19, 2014
Mark Reagan presents Managed Care and the Post-Acute/LTC Provider.
- February 13, 2014
Hooper, Lundy & Bookman attorneys are lead faculty for the seminar. Lloyd Bookman presents Federal Update, Charles Oppenheim presents Physician Integration, Mr. Bookman & Mr. Oppenheim co-present Qualified Health Plans through Covered California, Patric Hooper and Joe LaMagna present Hot Spots in Compliance.
- February 5, 2014
Paul Smith presents HIPAA and Payment and Delivery System Reform: ACOs, Medical Home, Bundled Payments.
- January 16, 2014
Patric Hooper presented CCLA Update.
- Women in Health Administration and Health Care Executives of Southern California Diversity and Inclusion Event, Los AngelesJanuary 7, 2014
Sponsored by Hooper, Lundy & Bookman’s Diversity Initiative.