University of California, Los Angeles, B.S.
George Washington University, M.P.H.
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., Order of the Coif
- 2014, California
Sansan Lin is an associate in the litigation department. Ms. Lin is a member of the firm’s Medical Staff Practice Group, Managed Care Working Group and Fraud and Abuse Practice Group. Her broad practice includes disputes involving managed care, contracting, sequestration, reimbursement from private and public entities, unfair business practices, unfair competition, discrimination, retaliation, Medi-Cal managed care, and skilled nursing facility citations. Ms. Lin represents provider groups, including health systems and hospitals, in a variety of matters, including class actions, arbitrations, mediations, and complex civil proceedings.
Ms. Lin received a B.S. degree in Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology with a minor in English from the University of California, Los Angeles. She received a M.P.H. from the George Washington University with a concentration in health policy in 2010. She received her J.D. from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles in 2014, graduating order of the coif and in the top 5% of her class. While at Loyola Law School, Ms. Lin served as the Chief Symposia Editor on the Loyola Law Review.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Lin worked at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research as the Health Research and Privacy Compliance Coordinator.
- Kendall v. Scripps Health, 16 Cal.App.5th 553 (2017) (successfully represented hospital on appeal where trial court properly refused to certify class of self-pay patients contesting hospital's use of Chargemaster rates)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Webinar, February 25, 2021
- October 8, 2020
- October 22, 2019 – The LA Grand Hotel Downtown, Los Angeles, CA; October 23, 2019 - Hotel Shattuck Plaza, Berkeley, CA
- March 5, 2019 - Oakland Marriott City Center, CA; March 12, 2019 - Westin Los Angeles Airport, CA
- September 1, 2021
- December 17, 2019
- Hooper, Lundy & Bookman Ranked in the 2020 Edition of US News/Best Lawyers in America Best Law FirmsNovember 2, 2019
- CMS Proposes Significant and Far-Reaching Hospital Price Transparency Requirements in CY 2020 OPPS Proposed RuleJuly 31, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- August 1, 2016Health Law Perspectives
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Releases Materials to Assist Providers in Complying with Section 1557 Anti-Discrimination RuleJuly 25, 2016
Health Law Perspectives
Materiality for Federal False Claims Act Purposes After Escobar: Why It Is Now More Important than Ever for Provider to Understand Reimbursement Authorities, Health Law Handbook, 2020 ed. (Health Law Series)
Patient Safety Work Product Privilege: Does It Still Exist?, Health Law Perspectives (August 2016)